Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Qt/windows: how to compile program with audiere library

I have the following setup:

Platform: Windows XP w/SP2
    Compiler: Dev-cpp 4.9.9.2
    Mingw/GCC: 3.4.2
    Qt win32: 4.4.1

Qt uses the mingw compiler that came with dev-cpp ... it has been working perfectly and has been taking me through the learning curve without issues.

I am creating a project which requires the audiere library ... i downloaded the win32 version of audiere and tried to compile thier sample program called simple.

Audiere came with three files: audiere.dll, audiere.h, and audiere.lib
    I put the dll under the system32 folder and copied the header file into the includes of devcpp and Qt's include folders ... but when it came to the .lib file ... the lib folders of devcpp and Qt had only .a files ...

So i tried compiling without doing anything to the .lib file but i got the following error during the make command:

Qt Code:
    1. mingw32-make -f Makefile.Release
    2. mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory `D:/Projects/simple'
    3. g++ -mthreads -Wl,-enable-stdcall-fixup -Wl,-enable-auto-import -Wl,-enable-runt
    4. ime-pseudo-reloc -Wl,-s -Wl,-s -Wl,-subsystem,windows -o "release\simple.exe" re
    5. lease\simple.o -L"c:\Programs\Qt\4.1.4\lib" -lmingw32 -lqtmain -lQtGui4 -lQtCor
    6. e4
    7. release\simple.o(.text+0xfc):simple.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__AdrOpenDe
    8. vice@8'
    9. release\simple.o(.text+0x1cf):simple.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__AdrOpenS
    10. ampleSource@8'
    11. release\simple.o(.text+0x55d):simple.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__AdrOpenS
    12. ampleSource@8'
    13. release\simple.o(.text+0x5a5):simple.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__AdrOpenS
    14. ound@12'
    15. collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    16. mingw32-make[1]: *** [release\simple.exe] Error 1
    17. mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `D:/Projects/simple'
    18. mingw32-make: *** [release] Error 2
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

So i googled for what to do with the .lib, turns out it is very imp and so i tried looking up how to convert it to .a and came across the mingw utility called reimp.

I used that to conver the .lib file into .a and copied it to devcpp and Qt's lib folders and tried compiling but i got the same error again ....

now i have absolutely no idea how to continue? any help would be greatly apreciated!

Thankyou.
    Punjabikura
    Last edited by punjabikura; 9th October 2006 at 07:22.