I have a Qt 4.7.0-based application working on both Linux (FC 13) n Windows Vista accessing a MySQL database. The Qt application connects to a MySQL database and reads some data. Everything works well when I fire the Qt application from my development IDE or installation structure on both Linux and Windows Vista.

However, in production I will be starting my Qt application from a Java (Eclipse RCP)-based application. The Java app fires the Qt app in a separate (Java application) thread as users can continue to use both applications at the same time.
Qt Code:
  1. Runtime rt = Runtime.getRuntime();
  2. Process proc = rt.exec(cmdList.toArray(new String[]{}),envList.toArray(new String[]{}));
To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

This all works well when everything is running on Linux. However, when I start the Qt application from the Java application on Windows Vista, I get the following error:
Qt Code:
  1. Can't create TCP/IP socket (10106) QMYSQL: Unable to connect
I don't understand why starting the Qt app from within the Java app would cause a problem....

According to the MSDN doc, error 10106 is:
Qt Code:
  1. WSAEPROVIDERFAILEDINIT - Service provider failed to initialize.
  3. The requested service provider could not be loaded or initialized. This error is returned if either a
  4. service provider's DLL could not be loaded (LoadLibrary failed) or the provider's WSPStartup or
  5. NSPStartup function failed.
Yes, I call WSAStartup() before I open the database...

Ideas?