Thread: "applet not found" error when trying to run an application created with QTembedded

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question "applet not found" error when trying to run an application created with QTembedded

Hi,

I am working on a sbc6000x board (at91sam9261 micro and linux 2.6.24) and i am trying to crosscompile application for this board from my pc (ubuntu 14.14).
    When i try to run the application (after copying it in /bin and chmod 755 it) i have an error "applet not found". The applicaion is a qt widget application, a push button with a msgbox.

To help understand this error i will explain what i did to have this application.

I am using :
    qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5 ou autre source
    gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.8-2013.10_linux
    tslib-1.0 (because i need to use the touch screen and when trying to configure qt with -qt-mouse-tslib i need the lib and inclue of tslib).

Configuration and installation of tslib

Qt Code:
    1. cd /home/spi/installQt/tslib-1.0/tslib-1.0/
    2. chmod a+x autogen.sh
    3. ./autogen.sh
    4. ./configure CC=/home/spi/installQt/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.8-2013.10_linux/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc CXX=/home/spi/installQt/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.8-2013.10_linux/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ --prefix=/home/spi/installQt/tslib-arm --host=arm-linux-gnueabihf --enable-shared=yes --enable-static=yes
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

I comment the line #define malloc rpl_malloc in the file config.h or i will have an error in the make

Qt Code:
    1. make
    2. make install

No error at this point.

Configuration and installation fo QTembedded

First i modify the qmake.conf file to respect the path of my compiler and to put the include/lib of tslib :

Qt Code:
    1. #
    2. # qmake configuration for building with arm-none-linux-gnueabi-g++
    3. #
    5. include(../../common/linux.conf)
    6. include(../../common/gcc-base-unix.conf)
    7. include(../../common/g++-unix.conf)
    8. include(../../common/qws.conf)
    10. # modifications to g++.conf
    11. QMAKE_CC = /home/spi/installQt/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.8-2013.10_linux/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc
    12. QMAKE_CXX = /home/spi/installQt/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.8-2013.10_linux/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++
    13. QMAKE_LINK = /home/spi/installQt/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.8-2013.10_linux/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++
    14. QMAKE_LINK_SHLIB = /home/spi/installQt/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.8-2013.10_linux/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++
    16. # modifications to linux.conf
    17. QMAKE_AR = /home/spi/installQt/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.8-2013.10_linux/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-ar cqs
    18. QMAKE_OBJCOPY = /home/spi/installQt/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.8-2013.10_linux/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-objcopy
    19. QMAKE_STRIP = /home/spi/installQt/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.8-2013.10_linux/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-strip
    20. QMAKE_INCDIR += /home/spi/installQt/tslib-arm/include
    21. QMAKE_LIBDIR += /home/spi/installQt/tslib-arm/lib
    23. load(qt_config)

Then i configure QT :

Qt Code:
    1. cd /home/spi/installQt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5/
    2. ./configure -opensource -confirm-license -prefix /usr/local/Qt-4.8.5-arm-linux -embedded arm -little-endian -no-pch -xplatform qws/linux-arm-gnueabi-g++ -qt-mouse-tslib -no-webkit -no-qt3support -no-cups -no-largefile -optimized-qmake -no-openssl -nomake tools -static

I use -qt-mouse-tslib because i want to use the touch screen and i use -static because i read that (even if the application would be heavier and less "flexible) i would only have to transfert and executable and not "care" about libraries or other dependencies.

Qt Code:
    1. make
    2. sudo make install

Still no error.

Configuration in QT creator

I create a kit with the qmake and the compiler which are in the paths :
    Qt Code:
    1. /usr/local/Qt-4.8.5-arm-linux/bin/
    and
    Qt Code:
    1. /home/spi/installQt/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.8-2013.10_linux/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++

In my project i add this argument to the make :
    Qt Code:
    1. ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/home/spi/installQt/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.8-2013.10_linux/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-

On the target i add this to the environment :
    Qt Code:
    1. export QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=tslib:/usr/input/ts
    2. export QWS_DISPLAY=LinuxFB:mmWidth=480:mmHeight=272

I feel i must not be far from having something running but i am now stuck on this.
    Thank you for your future answers or advices !

EDIT 1 : After some research i added "CONFIG += static" to my .pro file. It changed nothing.
    Last edited by wowy; 30th March 2015 at 14:05.