Hi guys, trying to create texture font. Have the texture ready and have made a display list which has different parts of the texture mapped onto a GL Quad. I also have a 'Print' function that then prints this text to the screen. I got most of the code from NeHe, question is, how on earth do I get the correct text to display? i.e. say I do Print("abcdef", 3, 2) or whatever the function is, the text that shows up random gibberish that doesn't correlate to the string that I type. In fact, when I go to re-size the window, the text actually changes. Yes it's pointers that are used to point to the string of text which means that whatever it's pointing to is incorrect or at the very least it's pointing to some part of the memory that is dynamic/changing and not the string text pointer variable that I created. But this isn't the problem.

My question is: if I create a list, how do I then pick out specific things from it to print out specific letters? i.e. when I want an A, how do I pick out the right quad? I've looked everywhere on the internet and can't seem to find the answer. NeHe's perspective doesn't answer my question.